Doctoral Consortium – Call for Participation
The 11th Biannual Meeting of the German Cognitive Science Society, KogWis'12 addresses researchers from all areas of interdisciplinary research in the Mind and Brain Sciences, including Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer-Interaction, Linguistics, and Philosophy of Mind.
The main program of the conference, taking place October 1-3, is preceeded by a doctoral consortium on September 30, that invites participation by PhD students at any stage and from any subject area within Cognitive Science. The goals of the doctoral consortium are:
- to provide PhD students with the opportunity to present their ongoing research and receive feedback from established as well as peer researchers;
- to promote networking among young CogSci researchers, both on a national and an international level;
- to support students with information and advice on academic, research, and industrial careers.
To apply for the KogWis'2012 doctoral consortium, please send the following documents by email to email@example.com:
- An abstract of your thesis, formatted according to the KogWis guidelines (see conference website http://www.kogwis2012.de), that describes the problem being addressed, the motivation (relevance) for addressing the problem, the progress made to date, the proposed plan of further research, and related work. The abstract is limited to one page in length (2500 characters including spaces).
- A short CV (at most 2 pages) that covers background (name, university, supervisor), education (degree sought, year/status in degree, previous degrees), employment, and relevant experience in research (publications, presentations, conferences attended).
- All submissions will be reviewed and selected based on scientific criteria. Submissions in English are preferred, but submissions in German are accepted also.
|May 14, 2012||Application deadline|
|June 9, 2012||Acceptance notification|
|September 30, 2012||Doctoral consortium (one day)|
For inquiries, please contact: